YB Professor Dato’ Sri Dr. Sim Kui Hian hits back at allegation
1. I wish to draw the attention of all Sarawakians to three (3) separate Facebook Posts, two made by YB Chong Chieng Jen on his Facebook Page on 15th April 2020 and 18th April 2020 and one made by Mr. Michael Kong Feng Nian (the Special Assistant to YB Chong Chieng Jen) on his Facebook page on 18th April 2020. My response to these three Facebook posts is set out below.
2. The Statements made by YB Chong Chieng Jen and Mr. Michael Kong against me, SUPP and GPS are incorrect, false and were done in bad faith. The said Statements misrepresent the truth to the Sarawak public.
3. YB Chong Chieng Jen and Mr. Michael Kong acted irresponsibly in making their false Statements. It is clear that on 3rd April 2020, there is an official letter issued by the Minister of Welfare,
Community Wellbeing, Women, Family and Childhood Development [KWKPK/100-1/3 JLD.11 (26)] stating that the Sarawak State Government had replaced the prior instructions given in an initial letter dated 2nd April 2020 [KWKPK/100-1/3 JLD.11 (25)]. The State Government of Sarawak has made it very clear that all allocation of funds will be channelled to Divisional/District Disaster Management Committee (“DDMC”) and are not being channelled to the respective ADUN/MP Service Centres.
4. On 6th April 2020, YB Dato Sri Hajah Fatimah Abdullah, the Minister of Minister of Welfare, Community Wellbeing, Women, Family and Childhood Development and the Deputy Chairman of the Food Supply Committee issued a Press Statement which clarified the above, namely, that all funding by the Sarawak State Government will be channelled and managed by the DDMC (comprising of the Residents, District Officers, Sarawak Welfare Department and other related government agencies, the ADUN/MP Service Centres and the relevant NGOs.
5. On the 12th April 2020, YB Dr. Haji Annuar bin Rapa’ee, a member of the Sarawak State Legislative Assembly for the constituency of Nangka, had explained in his Press Statement published in a Borneo Post Article dated 12th April 2020 that the Sarawak State Government had retracted its earlier decision and had decided
to channel the funds relating to the COVID-19 pandemic to the respective DDMCs instead.
6. Despite all the above, on 15th April 2020 and 18th April 2020, YB Chong Chieng Jen acted irresponsibly with bad intention to damage my reputation and character by stating in his two Facebook posts that I abused my power to control Food Aid Funds during the present COVID-19 pandemic. On 18th April 2020, Mr. Michael Kong made similar untrue statements to damage my reputation in his Facebook post.
7. I wish to state that during this difficult time both YB Chong Chieng Jen and Mr. Michael Kong should not resort to such politicking. The needs of the people of Sarawak are far more important and we should work for the people. Their statements are untrue and should not have been made and they should admit that they were wrong. As politicians and as lawyers, YB Chong Chieng Jen and Mr. Michael Kong should not advance their personal cause during this COVID-19 pandemic. It is simply disappointing and disheartening to see such conduct on their part.
8. In conclusion, I urge the people of Sarawak to stay strong during this trying time and not to be swayed by such politicking.
9. We the people of Sarawak know better and are in fact better than this! Stay safe! Stay health! Stay at home! – during this MCO.
Affected businesses during MCO needs assistance, says Kho Teck Wan
SUPP Central Woman Chief, Kho Teck Wan appealed to Sarawak Government to provide special businessRead More
Dato’ Sri Dr. Sim giving to two schools in Batu Kawa
Batu Kawa State assemblyman Dato Sri Prof. Dr. Sim Kui Hian said that school’s fundingRead More